Non Invasive Fractional Resurfacing is the gold standard in Wisconsin for the treatment of:
- Lines and Wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Stretch Marks
- Also an excellent treatment to slow and prevent premature aging of the skin. By its very title, fractional resurfacing is just that. When an area is treated only fractions of the skin are effected. Approximately 40% of the area treated is actually effected by the laser. By doing this and leaving healthy skin intact around the treated tissue, we rapidly accelerate healing as well as avoid longer and more potentially dangerous side effects.
- Textural sun damage. When an area is treated only fractions of the skin are effected. Approximately 40% of the area treated is actually effected by the laser. By doing this and leaving healthy skin intact around the treated tissue, we rapidly accelerate healing as well as avoid longer and more potentially dangerous side effects. The way Fractional Resurfacing works is the wavelength of light is selectively absorbed into the water in the skin causing tissue coagulation or in plainer terms tissue death. Once this skin has been injured the body’s immune and healing system’s will kick in and begin a long process of rebuilding and regenerating new collagen over a period of 6-12 months.
Palomar LUX 1540 Fractional Laser
Benefits of the Palomar Lux 1540 fractional laser vs. the competition:
- Deepest penetration (up to 1mm) for the greatest amount of collagen reproduction
- Highest energy per micro beam for greater tissue coagulation and greater collagen production
- Less discomfort than other fractional laser due to the built in contact cooling
Once you have gone through an initial consultation at one of our 9 Wisconsin locations, and have been identified as a good candidate for non-ablative fractional skin resurfacing you will begin a treatment course recommend by your Laser Specialist.
–Cleaning the skin
–Placing the protective eyewear on
–The laser is applied to your skin
–A mild warm stinging sensation
Immediately after the treatment, your skin will be red and you will be experiencing a sunburn sensation as well as mild swelling of the treatment area (these are all desired outcomes of an effective treatment). These temporary side effects for most people will resolve in 24 hours. If more aggressive treatments were required due to the severity of the condition of your skin, these side effect could linger up to 72 hours. Icing and cooling of the skin is NOT recommended. Cooling of the skin after the treatment can inhibit the results of the treatment. Makeup can be applied the next day.
If we are doing any type of corrective treatment you will need a minimum of 3 treatments and many as 6-8 if your condition is severe. Treatments can be spaced 6-12 weeks apart.
A minimum of 6 weeks but when you see the first signs of improvement you are just beginning and can expect to see improvements for 6-12 months after your last treatment.
An average range is going to be $300-$400 per session depending upon the size of the area to be treated. For multiple areas it would cost more.